10. You’ve announced your vacation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. That way you don’t have to apologize for the barrage of these about to clog your friends’ feeds for the next 72 hours…
9. You get goose bumps every time you envision yourself standing on the same ground as our forefathers.
8. You can’t wait to demand “Order in the Court!” as a judge. You? The one who never even went to law school.
7. You find yourself shouting “Huzzah” when anything goes right. Your team just scored a touchdown? Huzzah! No line at Starbucks? Huzzah! The last parking spot close to your office? Huzzah!!
6. You catch yourself secretly plotting to form a mob with your co-workers and storm your boss’ office, demanding a new coffee maker.
5. You find yourself talking in an English accent and greeting everyone you meet with “Good Day.”
4. You prepare to make some new friends with questionable “dinner table” manners. (What were you, raised in a barn?!)
3. You walk right past your favorite store at the mall because you don’t see the signature British flag outside indicating that it’s open for business.
2. Your evening commute home doesn’t seem so bad, even with a 10 mile backup. That’s because soon, rush hour traffic will be the occasional carriage driver passing another on DoG Street.
And the #1 sign that your Colonial Williamsburg vacation is almost here…?
1. You don’t worry about what to wear to work or school because soon, you can sport your 18th century attire—without judgment!