Today we are sharing three light, fruity, and appropriately pastel-colored cocktail recipes. None of them have more than three main ingredients, making them ideal for your next outdoor BBQ. If you’d rather step inside our sunny photos, that’s easy too—just stop by Sweet Tea & Barley and ask to sit on the terrace.
Although this cocktail may look innocent and fruity, it packs a strong punch. Great with appetizers, or as a light dessert—you’ll definitely want fresh strawberries (and jelly beans?) as garnish.
- 1.5 oz Jelly Bean Infused Vodka
- 1.5 oz Three Olives Cake Vodka
- 2 Lime Wedges
- Whipped Cream
- Strawberry puree
- Pour vodkas into martini shaker
- Squeeze two limes and add ice
- Shake and then strain into martini glass
- Garnish with whipped cream and strawberry puree
Blueberry Lavender Lemonade
Personally, this cocktail was my favorite. Light, refreshing, and subtly ombré—what more could you ask for? If you’re feeling creative, keep scrolling for our chef’s exclusive recipe for DIY Lavender syrup.
- 1.5 oz Blueberry Vodka
- .5 oz Lavender Syrup
- Fresh blueberries
- Muddle fresh blueberries with lavender syrup
- Add ice and vodka, fill with lemonade
- Shake and pour into stemmed glass
- Garnish with three fresh blueberries
- 16 oz Sugar
- 16 oz Water
- 3 Sprigs of Fresh herb (either Rosemary or Lavender)
- Combine water, sugar, and fresh herb into a stainless steel pot
- On low heat, gently bring all ingredients to 170 degrees
- Stir until all sugar dissolves
- Gently Cook for ten additional minutes, being careful not to boil
- Strain mixture and refrigerate
Rosemary Salty Dog
If you are a classic salty dog fan, adding a dash of Rosemary syrup and a few fresh sprigs will be just the spring twist you need to liven things up. Use your favorite gin and see the above recipe for a DIY Rosemary syrup.
- 1.5 oz Boodles London Dry Gin
- .5 - .75 oz Rosemary Syrup
- Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
- Pink Sea Salt
- Lime Wedge
- Rosemary Sprig
- Rub lime wedge around rim of lowball glass and dip in pink sea salt
- Add ice and then gin, syrup, and grapefruit juice
- Garnish with lime wedge and rosemary sprig
Update: giveaway now closed! If you give any of these a try (and you should!) let us know how it goes. Don’t forget to leave a comment to be entered to win a free appetizer.