Sunday’s Grand Illumination is a grand event like no other.
So here are five things you should know to help you get the most out of the evening’s festivities.
- Here’s a handy calendar of events to keep you busy all day while waiting for the fireworks.
- If you are looking for restaurants, you will find a variety of colonial fare throughout Merchants Square. Several restaurants will be open until 10 p.m. or later, and market stands will be serving hot cider, cookies and more.
- You can watch the fireworks from three main locations within the historic area – the Capitol, the Magazine and the Palace Green
- We don’t anticipate rain that evening, but weather conditions will be monitored throughout the day. Any changes to the schedule will be posted on history.org and the Colonial Williamsburg Facebook page.
- Can’t make it to the big event? No problem! You can still watch it live on our web stream at history.org by following this link.