In the middle of all this Thanksgiving cooking, we thought it would be nice to take a deep breath and relax. To help you unwind, here are two of Chef Travis Brust’s favorite holiday cocktails. Apple cider is the base for each—one hot and one cold. Both are festive, easy, and absolutely delicious!
CARAMEL APPLE HOT TODDY
Let’s start with the caramel apple hot toddy which tastes just like it sounds. It’s hard to determine if it’s the temperature or the bourbon that warms you from your head to your toes with each sip. The best part? This recipe only calls for five ingredients.
- Per glass
- 1/2 Tbsp Caramel syrup
- 1.5 oz Bourbon
- 4.5 oz Mulled Cider
- Whipped Cream
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Add ½ Tbsp caramel sauce to bottom of each glass
- Add Bourbon
- Add 4 ½ to 5 oz hot mulled cider
- Top with whipped cream
- Top with a “pinch” of pumpkin pie spice
POMEGRANATE APPLE CIDER SANGRIA
When I found out this cocktail was on Chef’s list, I didn’t even try to contain my excitement. It was as if the stars had aligned and Christmas had come early! Sangria and pomegranate happen to be two of my favorite things. Also, to be totally honest, I’ve been looking for an excuse to buy one of those super cute drink dispensers.
- 4 cups of ice
- 2 apples (sliced)
- 1 orange (sliced)
- 1 pomegrante (sliced)
- 1 bottle of Moscato (substitute with Sauvignon Blanc for a less sweet version)
- Equal parts mulled apple cider (chilled)
- 2 ½ – 3 oz brandy
- One mini sprig of rosemary
- Add ice to pitcher or mason jar drink dispenser
- Pour in your wine & cider
- Add brandy
- Add fruit
- Top with sprig of Rosemary
Now that you have the recipes, our team here at “Making History” would like to raise our glasses in a cyber toast. Salud! Check back tomorrow for Chef Travis’ last-minute tips and tricks for a stress-free, mess-free holiday.